Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life. That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Scrum Master to join us and actively contribute to the overall success of the company. This is the perfect opportunity to step up to the plate, take ownership of this key role and showcase your capabilities. Your primary objective will be to own and continuously tune the delivery approach at Curve to ensure our teams can deliver innovative features at pace. Building resilient software that processes the millions of transactions globally on our new Golang microservice architecture whilst also maintaining our existing PHP monolith, as well as adding all the new features the business requires, is a substantial delivery challenge but an exciting one.
What your day will involve
- Facilitating the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to deliver features that will delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organisation by ensuring a focus on transparency and shared ownership and commitment.
- Assessing the delivery maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation
- Removing impediments or facilitating the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Building and maintaining a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
Who You Should be
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least 3 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban etc
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games