Payments Data Analyst - 3+ month contract
Curve is on a game-changing mission to simplify the way you spend, send, see and save your money. We are moving banking to the cloud and creating a ground-breaking new category in finance. Thanks to our unique product and insanely exciting road map, our customer base is growing exponentially.
We are aiming to build a best in class finance function that drives business decision making and planning, through the provision of accurate and timely information and advice. Our goal where possible is to automate and innovate, making sure the right tools are in place to enable the team to work as a business enabling function rather than huddling over Excel running manual repetitive tasks. You’ll be at the intersection between Finance and Data - deep diving into financial analytics, particularly around the economics of our customers, and driving automation across a range of finance processes.
We’re looking for someone who cares deeply about understanding our business and industry, who can communicate their findings clearly to business partners and can drive actions on top of insights.
You’ll help us with the following questions and challenges:
• How can we build a robust and automated reporting solution that supports all our analysis needs?
• How are our products performing financially; how can drive optimal business decisions?
• How can we put our contractually reported data to better use.
• What are the high impact automation tools that can be built for the finance team so we minimise time spent on recurring processes?
RequirementsYou will be responsible for all the data needs of the finance team, from supporting the build of our finance data infrastructure to producing the outputs whether it be building easy to understand KPI dashboards that measure our financial health or presenting payments and transaction analysis to senior management, and proposing solutions to identified problems.
You should apply if you:
• Are happiest exploring data, making discoveries and understanding their implications
• Delight in automating processes, building datasets and analysing data to support business decisions
• Have a solid grounding in SQL (Python or R knowledge is a plus)
• Have previously worked in an analytics/finance environment - for example in a fintech start-up, management consulting or investment banking.
• Have a good understanding of Reconciliations, FX processing, Clearing, etc
• Have advanced finance knowledge, e.g. how accounting works, how foreign exchange is monitored or what financial statements mean
An Added Bonus:
• If you understand payment schemes (MasterCard, Visa, American Express etc)
• If you understand Payment Lifecycles (Issuing, Acquiring, Clearing, etc)
• If you understand ECB and BoE data sources
The role is only open to those that are available immediately or within a few days notice.
This role is based at our office in London (Holborn)