At Curve, we are on a mission to simplify and unify the way people spend, send, see and save money. Centralising your money into a smart card, connected to an even smarter app. With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We're developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Who we’re looking for
Somebody who finds actionable truths in data. We're looking for a Finance Analyst who will work with our Finance Team on forecasting, reporting, profitability and transactional reconciliation. You will work directly with the Head of Finance and senior management, receiving exposure to many different functional areas, and learn about scaling a high-growth startup.
By delivering exceptional financial analysis and putting controls in place, you will enable smarter business decisions across all levels of the organization that have a direct impact on the success of Curve growth plans. The nature of our business means that you’ll be the analytical engine of the company to support optimal business decision making.
What your day will involve
- Develop a build-measure-learn culture - Build financial models and forecasts, and improve management reporting suite, keeping the Head of Finance and Founder updated so they have a clear view of Curve’s financial situation and how the data can positively help the business. Effectively communicate findings across the organization.
- Dig into Financial data - Perform ongoing monitoring, reporting, and analysis and use your findings to form recommendations for new strategies and provide insights to be leveraged by the Finance and Senior Management Team to drive decision making.
- Reconciliation - Curve operates a high-volume multi-currency product, with complex revenue and cost structures. You will own and improve the balance sheet and P&L reconciliations, facilitating the operation of the product and giving a live view on transactional profitability.
- Finance expert - Embody the expertise in defining clear and measurable objectives, choosing the right KPIs to measure and calculating targets for each new finance project, identifying solutions and contributing to the optimization of Curve’s product proposition.
- Data Guru - Serve as the main point of reference for the finance team for all things data and analytics.
Who Should You be
- BSc/MSc in economics, accounting, finance, mathematics, statistics or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of work experience as a Finance Analyst in either a data-driven role at a startup or in a heavily analytical, data-centric role (investment banking, management consulting, etc.)
- Comfortable in analyzing and modeling profitability and cash flows
- Fluent in Excel and SQL and a strong experience in data visualisation with tools like Tableau or Chartio. An experience with Python/R is a plus but not required.
- Experience working as part of a small team with varied responsibilities and wide range of focus.
- Great eye for understanding and tracking data, using your analytical skills to support big financial decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items with the ability to stay focused under pressure.
- You approach your work by seeing what needs to be done and doing it, with the desire to consistently exceed goals and take on more responsibility.
Perks & benefits
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performance team of circa 60 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.