At Curve, we are on a mission to simplify and unify the way people spend, send, see and save money. Centralising your money into a smart card, connected to an even smarter app. With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a Management Accountant to join our team and assist the Head of Finance in establishing and developing the Finance function at Curve. There is a need to setup and industrialise finance processes to enable the company to scale. You will be able to take ownership of the ongoing finance processes and define efficient and effective workflows, constantly seeking improvement. You will have a keen interest in the payments industry, and will have the opportunity to make an impact in all areas of the business.
Whilst we've grown hugely over the past months, we’ve still got a move-fast, take ownership mentality. We operate in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, so you will be expected to ruthlessly prioritise and find ways to bring additional value to the development of our Finance function.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, board pack and associated management information.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow and financial analysis as required.
- Develop, improve and industrialise existing and new reporting and analysis.
- Establish proper process and timetable for budget and forecast preparation.
- Assist Head of Finance with preparing budget and rolling forecast, providing ongoing variance analysis.
- Define, setup and manage sales order, purchase order and expense management processes.
- Process sales and purchase invoices, manage supplier payments process.
- Work with Finance Analyst and other teams as required to define and improve reporting and reconciliation process.
- Work with Finance Analyst to improve product and segment level profitability reporting.
Who Should You be
- You are a recently qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, etc.) with at least 2-3 years’ experience in a company finance function.
- You have previously work in payments or financial services industry.
- You have advanced Excel skills and you are able to work with large datasets effectively.
- You are systematic and structured thinker with demonstrated ability to optimise and automate processes.
- You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- You are a good communicator approachable and builds effective working relationships across functions.
- You are a proactive individual who has a desire to learn and develop yourself in a very fast pace space.
Perks & Benefits
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performance team of circa 60 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.