Senior Android Developer
Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life. That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
Who we’re looking for
You’re an exceptional Developer of mobile applications with a solid focus on Android. You don’t just put your head down and code. You’re constantly seeking a better way to do things, a cleaner, more intuitive interaction. You’ve studied the most popular mobile apps and you have well- articulated theories about why they are designed the way they are. You know what makes these apps so effective, and what you would do to make Curve app even better.
We are searching for a certain kind of person who is excited by the idea of owning and people who like to build best in class features and services. This position requires collaboration with designers, product managers and other team members of our engineering team. If you’re thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new features and services from scratch, and think you can manage the ambiguity and pace, we would love to hear from you.
Some of the great stuff you'll be doing with us:
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to design, build and ship minimal but quality features.
- Contributing best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing new features.
- Going beyond standard duties and responsibilities to champion small details, spot opportunities and add extra value for our users.
- Working on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Staying close to the user and working as a team to iterate fast.
Who should you be:
- You are experienced developing apps that delight users, having shipped one or more apps to the Play Store.
- You have experience building Android applications in Kotlin.
- You have experience writing tests (unit test, integration test, UI test etc.).
- You are experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- You have strong understanding of design patterns and Object Oriented Programming.
- You are familiarised with core Android components: Activities, Fragments, Services, Content Providers, Broadcast Receivers and understanding of life cycles.