QA / Test Engineer (Manual, Automation, Mobile)
Salary + Equity
Imagine a job where you can build anything you dream. Imagine Curve.
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
What You’ll be doing: Quality Assurance plays an important role in our product development. As The Perfectionist you will be expected to help ensure the reliability of the product. We expect you to think differently, smarter, so you can dream up all the test cases, especially those edge cases that no one can see until we start getting bug reports from our users.
Have you thought about how fast money moves around the world? And, how fast technology is changing the world?
Can you imagine how challenging it is being responsible for ensuring the quality of a revolutionary product that is bringing these two worlds together? Are you ready to ensure the product matches its requirements (functional, design, UX, etc…) and contribute great ideas on how to make it even more valuable for our users?
Mission: Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We are focused on an ambitious opportunity fuelled by a couple of trends starting to play out in the market, from fragmentation of financial services to new convergence layers for the customer experience. We believe the end-game will be a connected world of money, tailored individually for each customer. As such, we're building a new category - a digital banking platform.
We've started by tapping into the most frequent job users do with their money - Spending - by creating a better way to pay, leveraging Curve's unique technology. Our focus in the next 18 months is to keep improving the spending proposition, while introducing connections and automations across the various jobs of money by providing our customers with a significantly better experience.
Is this You?
- Motivated to set high standards.
- Able to execute your role swiftly and safely in rapidly changing environments.
- Revel in fast paced startup environments.
- Willingness to learn.
- Passionate about user experience.
- Keen to use your technical knowledge, expertise and ability with the aim of building an exceptional product.
- Comfortable with starting from a blank page and taking responsibility for defining, designing & developing clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases from specifications or verbal communications.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal).
- Soild Degree in Computer Science or related field.
We’re looking for you to:
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members - DevOps, Marketing, Product & Design.
- Have experience with iOS & Android functional and UI testing tools.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes. Escalate any potential quality issues to management in a timely manner.
- Creatively and intelligently solve technical problems.
- Ability to translate technical requirements into comprehensible test plans.
- Working experience with issue/bug tracking tools, ideally JIRA.
- Be focused on deadlines and deliverables – an ability to quickly find the defects and bugs.
- Have an inquisitive mind - You are always asking how does it work? Why? What if this happens?
- Abstract thinker – an ability to not conform to the norm. Norms do not find bugs quickly!
- Build a strong quality mindset around the team. It’s going to be Quality First!
We live in an agile era, it’s a plus if you come with experience of:
- Working in an Agile Development environment; preferably SCRUM.
- Acceptance Testing and how it applies to Agile Testing.
- Working with agile processes, including Test Driven Development.
Robots are the future and so are we!
We love automation here and we hope to automate as many regression tests as possible, therefore we expect you to either have willingness to learn how to automate tests (support in your development will be provided, you won’t be on your own),
Or you have:
- A good level of proficiency with one or more programming/scripting languages.
- Experience with automation frameworks like Selenium, Appium, Capybara or Espresso.
- Experience working with test automation throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration tools is a plus.
More about Us: We are a high-performance team of circa 40 rallied around a higher purpose, who work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. We are, bold, like to challenge assumptions, adaptable and resourceful in the ways we can serve people. We constantly strive to find the ‘why’, and move quickly into action. We believe in deep collaboration, treat each other respectfully and improve together. Our collective conviction and passion drives our mission.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and founders who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Our recruitment philosophy: We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
How we aim to look after you
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- If you work late, we make sure you have supper and a taxi home
- Team Lunch Fridays
- Infinite stream of fruit & snacks and great coffee
- Generous holiday allowance
Getting in touch:
Start a conversation by sending us as much information as possible about you; Github/Stackoverflow repos, your achievements and ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.
We are not in a position to offer sponsorship currently.