We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
As a UX researcher at Curve, you will reveal what our users need from our products by 6conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users, and working with teams of Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and others to develop new features. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering exciting oral, written and visual presentations about our findings. Most importantly, your job as a researcher is to help the UX team understand what would make a user’s experiences feel more intuitive, accessible, fun—and even magical
Day to day duties:
- Champion research at Curve, help evolve the discipline and build the tools and processes that will enable us to scale our growing business.
- Turn open questions and ambiguities into formal research studies that provide teams with meaningful and actionable customer insights.
- Conduct a wide variety of mixed-method research studies including domain research, expert interviews, field research, lab studies, large-scale surveys, design brainstorms, etc.
- Communicate research insights and recommendations across the wider team, to inform product road maps and guide our strategy.
- Empower product teams and others in the organization by involving them in research and bringing them closer to the customer.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineers, Product Managers, Researchers and Designers to solve problems, and prioritize user experience research questions.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and presentations.
- Identify new opportunities for high-impact research and contribute to the product vision and business strategy.
- Invest in systems, and processes alongside your team members to create world-class best practices.
- Innovate by thinking creatively about how we can evolve the way we do research in order to improve our products for global users. Advocate for the needs of a global user audience.
This role is for you if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience conducting UX research for digital products or services.
- Have a deep understanding of user-centred design and UX best practices.
- Demonstrated success turning generative and evaluative research insights into design recommendations that align with core business goals
- Experience with common formative and evaluative qualitative research approaches (e.g. contextual enquiry, Jobs to Be Done, diary studies, user testing, etc) and quantitative research (e.g. surveys, A/B, log data analysis).
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Are bold, tenacious, and not afraid to challenge the status quo, always supported by facts, data and empirical research.
- Are a great communicator, an engaging storyteller with a strong attention to detail.
- You have a master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science, Applied Linguistics or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Data & coding skills (R, SQL, data visualization) are bonuses.
It’s about moving fast and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible with the customer in mind.
We treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to make an impact. We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and reason.
The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day, from 28 different nationalities.