Technical Support Engineer - Ops Analyst
Technical Support Engineer \ Ops Analyst
Salary + Equity
Imagine a job where you can build anything you can dream. Imagine Curve.
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
What You’ll be doing: As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for the full spectrum of customer support queries. You will handle queries from customers that were escalated by 1st\2nd line support agents, assess the urgency of the issues raised and investigate them, create and deliver the solutions to the customers and follow up on the issues internally. If needed, you will investigate system issues with Infrastructure, consult with Product Operations\Paytech on the best approach, and report bugs and suggest new features to R&D and Product Management.
Our Mission: Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We are focused on an ambitious opportunity fuelled by a couple of trends starting to play out in the market, from fragmentation of financial services to new convergence layers for the customer experience. We believe the end-game will be a connected world of money, tailored individually for each customer. As such, we're building a new category - a digital banking platform.
We've started by tapping into the most frequent job users do with their money - Spending - by creating a better way to pay, leveraging Curve's unique technology. Our focus in the next 18 months is to keep improving the spending proposition, while introducing connections and automation across the various jobs of money to provide our customers with a significantly better experience.
What your day will involve:
As a technical support Engineer \ Ops analyst at Curve, you will assist end users and customer support agents and developers by investigating technical issues, identifying and designing solutions and provide customer service needs. This includes direct communication with end users via email, live chat, and phone.
In addition, you will work with the Ops team and the analytics engineer to create reports, provide visibility and insight to support the requirements of the Ops team, including Customer support, Fraud and Compliance.
This is a great opportunity for an young, driven engineer with a passion for delighting users to get in at the launch of a ground breaking mobile Fintech startup.
We’re looking for you to:
- Handle queries from customers that were escalated by 1st\2nd line support agents, assess the urgency of the issues raised and investigate them.
- Create and deliver solutions to the customers and follow up on the issues internally.
- Respond to user support requests
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Research issues while informing end users of status
- Create end user documentation and recommend procedure changes to proactively reduce number of customer tickets
- Multitask efficiently
- Work under pressure
- Problem solve accurately, creatively and efficiently
- Communicate effectively
- Work well in a team environment
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience:
- A creative thinker, passionate about problem-solving
- Proactive, assertive and a motivated self-learner
- A team player with good communication skills
- Polished service-orientation capabilities
- Ability to work independently and respond to multiple requests in a dynamic work environment
- Love helping customers and delivering satisfaction.
- Strong written communications skills. You will be asked to submit a writing sample.
- Superior customer service skills - Customer Focused.
- A desire to expand your skills, move into new areas.
- Student of BSc in Computer Science, or the equivalent from a known academic institution – a must
- Experience with databases and SQL queries – a must
- Strong technical skills
- Experience with customer service or support
- Strong oral communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in user-friendly language.
- Strong team player possessing the willingness to seek feedback, adapt practices and continuously learn and evolve.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly
More about Us: We are a high-performance team of circa 40 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We're developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. We are, bold, like to challenge assumptions, adaptable and resourceful in the ways we can serve people. We constantly strive to find the ‘why’, and move quickly into action. We believe in deep collaboration, treat each other respectfully and improve together. Our collective conviction and passion drives our mission.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and founders who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Our recruitment philosophy: We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
How we aim to look after you:
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- If you work late, we make sure you have supper and a taxi home
- Team Lunch Fridays
- Infinite stream of fruit & snacks and great coffee
- Generous holiday allowance
Getting in touch:
Start a conversation by contacting Anney, our Talent Lead and sending her as much information as possible about you, your achievements and ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you.
How we’ll get to know you and you us:
We’ve devised a 3-4 step ‘get to know each other’ process, this will include a challenge.
We are not in a position to offer sponsorship currently.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.