Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
Base & Equity
Imagine a job where you can build anything you dream. Imagine Curve.
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
You: At Curve, we believe that an SRE/ DevOps is a person attracted by a blurring lines between development and operations with strong fundamentals in both worlds. Not scared by the complexity of code or by the configuration nuances of an operating system.
We’re a small team but growing quickly! And we intend to do so while keeping the emphasis on the “Engineering” part. This is an exceptional opportunity for you to come onboard and shape the future of this system.
Our Mission:Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We can turn any bank, into a smart bank. Adding notifications, creating budgets, seeing spending habits all to your existing bank account. But better, we can consolidate all your accounts into one single, simple to use experience. Centralising all your credit, debit, rewards and business cards and housing them safely in a single platform. For the first time giving you smart insights and control of all your money in one effortless place. Scaling this resiliently across the millions of transactions happening globally requires a sophisticated microservices architecture and more than the usual big data lip service. This isn't a challenge for the faint hearted and depends on a special team to build this future.
’Tasks & Responsibilities include:
- Analysing, planning and maintaining production systems on AWS as they scale in capacity and complexity
- Help defining internal and external SLOs and SLAs
- NOT doing routine administration BUT engineering an automated solution!
- Work with development teams and the management to define an auditable and compliant production system
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation policy by responding to system and emergency problems
What we offer:
This is a unique opportunity. And real. At Curve the SRE team is a core part of Engineering. We are very small but we are involved in the design and the scalability of every feature developed. We are not working, hidden, in the background: we are doing distributed systems engineering every day.This while designing a PCI compliant Kubernetes cluster in a well-funded “one to watch” fintech startup with zero legacy. You will be one of the very few engineers that are doing this.
Our ideal team member will have the following talent, skills & experience:
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- At least 3+ years' experience in deploying/administering Linux clusters
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with a modern programming language (Java/Python/Node.JS/C++)
Bonus points for:
- Open-source contributions
- Knowledge of the rules of databases and distributed systems
- Computer Science degree
- Experience with Kubernetes/cluster schedulers
- Experience with PCI compliance, application security and data compliance
- Experience with data analysis systems
- Knowledge of Android, iOS and mobile applications pipelines
Core competencies/ person profile:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Not scared by complexity and with a healthy “Can-do” attitude
- Personal interest in reading and studying about distributed systems and system reliability
- An unwavering ability to embrace a positive culture of blameless post-mortems, admit mistakes and continuous improvement
More About Us:
We are a high-performance team of circa 40 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We're developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core.
We are bold, like to challenge assumptions, adaptable and resourceful in the ways we can serve people. We constantly strive to find the ‘why’, and move quickly into action. We believe in deep collaboration, treat each other respectfully and improve together. Our collective conviction and passion drives our mission.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and founders who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Who’s talking about our tech:
New York Times
Our recruitment philosophy:
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
How we aim to look after you:
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, massages, etc.
- Dinner, taxis, etc if you work late
- Team Lunch Fridays, weekly drinks, etc
- Infinite stream of fruit & snacks (healthy & unhealthy), breakfast smoothies and great coffee
- Generous holiday allowance
Getting in touch:
Start a conversation by sending us as much information as possible about you; your Github/Stackoverflow repos, your achievements and ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.
We are not in a position to offer sponsorship currently.