Head of Customer Experience
Head of Customer Experience
Shoreditch, London, UK
Salary + Equity
We’re building the future of money - join us!
What you’ll be doing:
As Head of Customer Experience you will lead an exceptional team to create a seamless and delightful experience for our rapidly growing user base. You will build out the experience/support team, processes and systems in this exciting phase while bringing to life one of our core values: to obsess about the customer experience.
We're on a Mission:
Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We are focused on an ambitious opportunity fuelled by a couple of trends starting to play out in the market, from fragmentation of financial services to new convergence layers for the customer experience. We believe the end-game will be a connected world of money, tailored individually for each customer.
Curve has recently expanded to 40-strong and has just completed a multi-million pound Series A fundraise to drive the next phase of rapid growth.
What your day will involve:
- Leading & motivating your team of super-smart payments problem-solvers (currently 5 ppl)
- Attracting and hiring great talent to expand the team quickly as required
- Thinking of ideas to deliver world-class, bank-beating customer experience such as additional support channels, better out of hours coverage, etc
- Obsessing over analytics to identify ways to deliver ambitious performance metrics
- Communicating insightful reports on the root-causes of ticket volumes
- Providing thoughtful, consistent, actionable coaching and reviews to inspire your team
- Stretching the team by encouraging them to upskill and further their understanding of payments and our product
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships across the business
- Solving complex investigations / complaints which have been escalated to you
- Monitoring and ensuring all service and regulatory processes are followed correctly
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience:
- 2-3 years experience managing customer service for a tech startup / financial service
- Team management experience of 10+ agents across more than one site
- A strong people focus and excellent relationship management skills
- Proficient knowledge of customer service tools, e.g. Zendesk
- Managed multiple customer service channels, e.g. email, social media, in-app chat, phone
- Comfortable analysing data, drawing out insights and collating into reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; uncompromising on accuracy
- Fluent business english
- A commitment to continuous improvement and reducing customer contact volumes
- Track record of coaching & mentoring individuals to deliver a culture of self-development
- A natural team player able to make their voice heard in a challenging, fast-changing environment
- Familiar with payments processing
- A passion for Fintech and/or Startups is a must
More about Us:
We are a high-performance team rallied around the single purpose of connecting people’s financial worlds. We’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London and backed by some of the leading names in technology including seasoned founders and high-profile venture capital firms.
Who’s talking about our tech:
New York Times
We have a set of values which determine how we make decisions: obsess about the customer experience, think big & innovate, “build, measure & learn” and automate & accelerate. In addition we have values which determine how we work: feel the urgency, train your judgement, collaboration & trust at our core and responsibility to challenge. Feel free to ask us about our values during the interview process.
Our recruitment philosophy:
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
Our interview process:
We believe in both parties getting to know each other well before making an important decision like this. We have a thorough interview process of typically 3-4 stages that may involve an exercise, technical challenge or presentation. If you secure an offer from us, we’ll invite you to a team lunch or drinks so you can meet more of the team before deciding whether to join us.
How we aim to look after you
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, massages, etc.
- Dinner, taxis, etc if you work late
- Team Lunch Fridays, weekly drinks, etc
- Infinite stream of fruit & snacks (healthy & unhealthy), breakfast smoothies and great coffee
- Generous holiday allowance
Getting in touch:
Start a conversation by sending us as much information as possible about you, your achievements and ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you.
Email our Talent Lead Anney at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not in a position to offer sponsorship currently.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.