Visual Designer - Product
At Curve, we are on a mission to simplify and unify the way people spend, send, see and save money. Centralising your money into a smart card, connected to an even smarter app. With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
We’re looking for a highly creative, energetic Visual Designer to join our Product team, with the mission to enhance Curve’s visual in-app experience. We want a talented individual who can bring ideas to the table, can work well under structured timelines and deliver amazing visual in-app content.
In this role you will collaborate with our Product, Design, and Engineering teams to help us achieve our vision to simplify the way people Spend, Send, See & Save money. You will need to have a strong eye for detail with a proven knack for creating appealing and intuitive designs.
- Create pixel perfect assets in Sketch, ready to pass on to Curve’s development team for iOS and Android implementation.
- Design beautiful vector illustrations to help tell our story, and provide context for new features and functions.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, partnering with product management and engineering to conceptualize, build, and ship industry-leading features that customers love to use.
- Contribute to a “Test and Learn” environment ensuring that design work is of high quality and consistent with our brand identity.
- Add to the Curve Sketch symbols library and ensuring that everything is immaculately organised.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and have the ability to inspire and facilitate collaboration with stakeholders and team members from concept to execution.
- Stay on top of trends and have a keen eye for where they should be explored or avoided.
Projects you will work on
- Conceptualising Curve’s experience with Open Banking.
- Designing an intuitive and engaging experience to introduce Curve to new users.
- Consistently refining and looking for ways to improve Curve’s Onboarding experience.
- Designing incredible integrations with the best financial tools and services for the Curve connected platform.
- Designing new financial products to help users with managing their personal finance.
Who should you be
- You are an exceptional, creative individual, constantly striving to take your designs to the next level of aesthetic.
- You can show us a portfolio of your extensive work with examples of great graphic designs.
- You love making stunning visual content, especially in the vector realm.
- You have an eye for pixel-perfect detail and will not settle for anything less in your work
- You are experienced in making fantastic vectorised motion graphics in AE.
- You enjoy digging deep into user emotions and needs in order to design and craft engaging in-app experiences.
- You have have an interest in designing for both iOS and Android platforms.
- You are a Sketch wizard and like to stay organised with your own symbol libraries.
- You have a great appreciation for following native, platform specific principles.
- You’re flexible, enthusiastic, and have an infectious ‘can-do’ attitude.
*PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider candidates who provide a CV and a linked portfolio.
Perks & Benefits
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performance team of circa 50 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.