Lead Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps
Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life.
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Welcome to Curve. On a mission to help you live inspired.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a technically astute Lead Site Reliability Engineer to join us and actively contribute to the overall success of the company. This is the perfect opportunity to step up to the plate, take ownership of this key role and showcase your capabilities. Your primary objective will be to build and support an exceptional, secure, rapidly scaling infrastructure to keep up with our growth.
At Curve the SRE team is a core part of Engineering. We are very small but we are involved in the design and the scalability of every feature developed. We are not working, hidden, in the background: we are doing distributed systems engineering every day, whilst designing a PCI compliant Kubernetes cluster in a well-funded “one to watch” fintech startup with zero legacy.
Scaling this resiliently across the millions of transactions happening globally requires a sophisticated microservice architecture and a more than the usual big data lip service. And that's just for starters. Providing customer spending insights and battling fraud is going to require world's leading machine learning techniques.
What will your day involve
- Lead and drive the transformation of the team into a next-generation SRE team
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency and efficiency of Curve's services
- Analysing, planning and maintaining production systems on AWS as they scale in capacity and complexity
- Mentor a growing team of experienced engineers by providing feedback, leading critiques, and elevating the output of the team
- Work with development teams and the management to define an auditable and compliant production system
- Contribute to Curve's growth through interviewing, onboarding, or other recruitment efforts
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation policy by responding to system and emergency problems
Who Should You Be
- You have at least 5+ years’ experience as a SRE
- You have 2+ years leading DevOps / SRE teams on innovative applications
- You are experienced with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- You have experience with a modern programming language (Java/Python/Scala/Node.JS/Go/C#)
- You are experienced with Kubernetes/cluster scheduler and Docker
- You have experience with continuous deployment and integration tools like Jenkins, CircleCI & Quay
- You have got previous experience with Android, iOS and mobile applications pipelines
- You are flexible to adapt quickly to changing priorities within a very dynamic environment, work well under pressure and set the pace on delivery as a infrastructure leader
- We believe everyone has ideas to contribute to our objective of continuous improvement, so you will be expected to take ownership and bring ideas to the table, and also inspire others in the team to do the same
- You are determined to achieve top quality results in all projects you are working on
- You have confidence in taking on challenging conversations and situations collaborate with each area of the company in order to get to the best product for our users
- You are passionate for the craft and love of technology and a self-starter
Perks & Benefits
- An attractive compensation package including options so everyone can share in Curve’s success
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Ability to buy any book for the company library and the cost be covered
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performing team of circa 65+ people rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
Closing date 12th November 2018
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.