Compliance Officer (Deputy MLRO)
We are Curve! We are one of the most exciting FinTech start ups in London at the moment and are going through some massive growth across Europe in 2019. Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life.
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live. With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
At Curve we operate a “three lines of defence” model with the Compliance Team forming the second line of defence where you’ll be sitting and working very closely with all other areas of the business
Working within a small team of experts and reporting directly to the Head of Compliance, the DMLRO responsibilities will include investigations into suspicious and higher risk transactions and conducting AML, CTF, anti-fraud and anti-bribery and corruption checks. In this role you will be doing the following within the team:
What you'll be doing:
- Advising our Operations team (FinCrime, Product, Marketing) on the development and maintenance of AML/CTF procedures to ensure we stay true to our existing rules on systems, policies & we meet our regulatory requirements..
- Work closely with the external Data Protection Officer.
- Oversee the formal complaints process.
- Ensure timely reporting is done to the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Own the online Compliance training programme and conduct ad-hoc face to face training to the team on different compliance topics.
What we need from you:
You will have a minimum of 4 years experience in Compliance or in Financial Crime where you have worked closely with Compliance. You are already working as a Deputy MLRO or looking for an opportunity to step into the Deputy MLRO role.
- Experience in a regulated financial institution, and who is passionate about working in a fast-paced fintech startup.
- Knowledge of the FCA Handbook, JMLSG,Money Laundering Regulations, International Sanctions OFAC/HMT/UN, GDPR regulations.
- Experience in providing regular management information reports for distribution to the MLRO and Senior Management
- Experience in building and testing AML transaction monitoring rules.
- Experience in drafting policies and procedure documents.
- Must have analytical skills, build dashboards, understand metrics etc.