Senior Android Developer
Android Developer (Senior)
Salary & Equity
Imagine a job where you can build anything you dream. Imagine Curve.
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
What You’ll be doing:
As a member of our growing engineering team, you’ll be working on the development of our Android application. You’ll also get to contribute ideas and develop new features to make the app the best in class for the growing user base.
What your day will involve:
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to design, build and ship minimal but quality features
- Staying close to the customer and working as a team to iterate fast
- Writing clean, architecturally sound and maintainable code
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience:
- A passion for and experience of building consumer facing Android applications
- An eye for design and an passion for UX, with an ability to craft excellent design into a first class application that puts the customer at the core
- A track record of developing apps that delight users, having shipped one or more apps to the Play Store
- Effectively worked in an Agile/Scrum environment
- A CompSci degree or equivalent preferable
- Experience with multiple programming languages a big bonus
In your technical bag of magic:
- Java using Android SDK, Android Studio, Kotlin
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development
- Unit testing!
- Familiar with core Android components: Activities, Fragments, Services, Content Providers, Broadcast Receivers and understanding of lifecycles
- Use of Support Library to target range of OS versions
- Good knowledge of capabilities offered by Android's UI toolkit including Styles & Themes, Layouts, Input Controls, Animation & Graphics
- Experience of asynchronous processing on Android, including Loaders
- Reactive programming with RxJava
- Use of RESTful APIs
- Source control, especially branch & merge (git ideal)
- Use of Application Architecture patterns, data binding & MVVM pattern (on Android &/or other platforms)
- Experience with SQL (especially SQLite on Android)
Core competencies/ person profile:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Not scared by complexity and with a healthy “Can-do” attitude
- An unwavering ability to embrace a positive culture of blameless post-mortems, admit mistakes and continuous improvement
- A leaning to action over deliberation, being confident in their judgment
We are a high-performance team of circa 40 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We're developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core.
We are bold, like to challenge assumptions, adaptable and resourceful in the ways we can serve people. We constantly strive to find the ‘why’, and move quickly into action. We believe in deep collaboration, treat each other respectfully and improve together. Our collective conviction and passion drives our mission.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and founders who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Our recruitment philosophy:
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
How we aim to look after you
- Generous holiday allowance
- Monthly contribution to health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Personal Concierge service
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
Getting in touch:
Start a conversation by sending us as much information as possible about you, your achievements and ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you.
How we’ll get to know you and you us:
We’ve devised a 3/4 step ‘get to know each other’ process, this will include a challenge or workshop session and a team lunch. Email our Talent Lead Anney at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not in a position to offer sponsorship currently.The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulations.