At Curve, we are on a mission to simplify and unify the way people spend, send, see and save money. Centralising your money into a smart card, connected to an even smarter app. With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Who we’re looking for
Curve is looking for an experienced InfoSec Lead to make Curve the most secure FinTech in the industry. You will do this by ensuring we build security into our culture and that it forms a core part of our identity. Working in a FinTech requires balancing moving at pace while guaranteeing a high bar of security for our Customers and ourselves is maintained at all times. You will take ownership of the Information Security function and, as the company grows, will be provided with the resources required to build a team that is the envy of others in the industry.
This is a high-visibility role reporting to our CTO, in which you will be a key member of the company, while also having a high level of autonomy in your day-to-day work. You will have the opportunity to take Curve’s security program to the next level, represent the company in its most important regulatory and partner relationships, and lead the implementation of new programs and services.
What will your day involve
- Responsible for designing, implementing and operating controls that ensure the a high level of information assurance is maintained at all times.
- Implement and maintain our Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Own our Security backlog (maintained in Jira), distributing security alerts to appropriate teams and/or Senior Management.
- Work to solve security challenges at scale while balancing usability, stability, scalability, and performance.
- Plan and oversee Curve's adherence to standards including PCI-DSS, ISO27001 and support audits as required.
- Conduct internal information security audits on all areas of Curves estate working with product teams to drive resolutions to all actions arising.
- Conduct any Security Questionnaire Assessments required by current and potential partners.
- Responsible for the processes of dealing with the administration of user accounts, including additions, deletions and modifications.
- Support Curve’s application for an EMI Licence.
- Contribute to ensuring we meet requirements of the Data Protection Act (2018), including completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Form and lead the Information Security Team at Curve.
- Be the subject matter expert on security controls and processes at Curve, providing information security advice to our Product Teams when required.
- Deliver and review information security training.
Who should you be
- 5+ years experience running security programmes.
- 2+ years experience leading successful information security programmes of tech startups, ideally in the fintech space.
- At least one of: CISSP, CISM, CISA, PCI QSA, ISO 27001 Implementer.
- Experience of managing Data Protection processes, procedures and legislation (DPA, GDPR).
- Experience working at a strategic level sharing knowledge of information security around teams and to Senior Management team.
- Excellent communication and listening skills with the ability to influence and interact with people at all levels.
- Strong organisational skills being able to effectively manage several projects, with the ability to deal with conflicting priorities.
- You are confident in taking on challenging conversations and situations to get to the best solution.
- You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- You are keen to work and develop your career within an exciting entrepreneurial FinTech start-up.
Benefits & Perks
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performing team of circa 60 people rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.