Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life.
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Welcome to Curve. On a mission to help you live inspired.
Who we’re looking for
We're looking for Data Scientist to join our small but growing Analytics Team. The main purpose of your day to day at Curve is to turn data into insight enabling rapid, data driven decisions to improve our rapidly evolving product. Reporting to our Head of Data, you will work closely with our Finance, Marketing, Operations, Product and Engineering Teams to help our them make intelligent and data-driven decisions.
The role would suit a highly critical, curious, data analyst who is looking for a influential , varied role at the heart of one of the fastest FinTech in Europe. You'll help deliver insights across multiple functional areas, so you'll need to know how to communicate well with others, never hesitate to roll up your sleeves to get a job done, and be excited to help shape a cutting edge product working alongside other highly motivated team members
What your day will involve
- Develop quantitative analysis to drive product and business decisions, performing in-depth analysis such us modelling profitability, marketing mix, logistics operational, performance analysis.
- Design and maintain reports and dashboards to track and communicate Curve’s key performance indicators
- Use your experience to add value through analysing data, spotting trends or irregularities and articulately presenting meaningful conclusions.
- Champion hypothesis-driven problem solving on specific strategic initiatives, working closely with functional leaders and senior management
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise, yet accessible way, making sure insights are easy to understand for the less data-minded
- Continually help to improve data tools, such as dashboards and A/B testing platforms, to enable learning across all departments (Product, Finance, Technology, Marketing)
- Effectively synthesize and present qualitative and quantitative insights and recommendations verbally in group meetings, typically via PowerPoint presentation
- Identify opportunities to roll out new data science methods, technologies and thinking, bringing in best practices from the global data science team.
- Contribute to shaping and delivering the work plan, ensuring that best practice and innovative ideas are adopted.
Who Should You be
- BSc/MSc in economics, mathematics, engineering, business, statistics or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of work experience in either a data-driven role at a startup or in a heavily analytical, data-centric role (financial services, management consulting, etc.).
- Great eye for understanding and tracking data, using your analytical skills to support big marketing decisions.
- Fluent in SQL and a strong experience in data visualisation using tools like Chartio, Tableau or similar.
- Knowledge of at least one data oriented programming language such as R or Python.
- Experience working as part of a small team with varied responsibilities and wide range of focus.
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items with the ability to stay focused under pressure.
- You approach your work by seeing what needs to be done and doing it, with the desire to consistently exceed goals and take on more responsibility.
Perks & Benefits
- An attractive compensation package including options so everyone can share in Curve’s success
- Generous holiday allowance
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Ability to buy any book for the company library and Curve will pay for it
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performance team of circa 60+ rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.