Head of Compliance (MLRO) - Maternity Cover
Curve is looking for an experienced Head of Compliance to come in and support us as our current Head of Compliance is heading off on maternity leave.
We will need you to take ownership of our compliance and AML functions across our business. We are growing rapidly and the primary objective of the role is to review, monitor and communicate all compliance policies and procedures. This is a high-visibility role, in which you will be a key member of the team, while also having a high level of autonomy in your day-to-day work.
We’re building something new in a very fast paced space, and we need an experienced and pragmatic compliance officer to help us navigate it especially as we have an application with the FCA to be an authorised EMI.
You will have the opportunity to take Curve’s compliance program to the next level, represent the company in its most important regulatory and partner relationships, and lead the implementation of new programs and services.
- Be the expert within the company on all compliance matters and provide advice to the management team on requirements and best practice.
- Work across the business to develop compliance procedures and controls and to conduct periodic internal reviews to test controls and ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Develop, maintain and oversee the CDD / KYC / AML / CTF / PEP / Sanctions policies, procedures and processing.
- Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), reviewing internal suspicious activity reports (SARs) and making appropriate disclosures to the National Crime Agency (NCA).
- Maintain documentation of all compliance activities, as required by PCI/DSS, the FCA, card schemes and all other legislative, regulatory and governance requirements that may affect the company.
- Ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation, liaising with the company’s (external) DPO. Develop/maintain records of all GDPR related activities on OneTrust.
- Assess product, compliance and operational risks to develop the company’s risk management framework and strategies.
- Report to senior management on the performance of the company's compliance framework and controls.
- Lead the company's engagements with regulators, external auditors, legal council and other stakeholders.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies and procedures.
Who Should You be:
- At least 8 years experience in a compliance and/or financial crime function of a payment institution, preferably one that is FCA regulated.
- You have a strong understanding of general compliance and payments regulation, especially as regards AML/CTF requirements.
- You are experienced in developing scalable compliance processes that balance risk versus innovation.
- You have a pragmatic and technology-focused approach towards compliance.
- You are well-versed in the art of drafting procedures and evaluating internal controls.
- You are keen to work and develop your career within an exciting entrepreneurial FinTech start-up.
- Experience liaising with regulators and managing external audits.
At Curve, we are on a mission to simplify and unify the way people spend, send, see and save money. Centralising your money into a smart card, connected to an even smarter app. With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.