Payments/ Operations Analyst
At Curve, we are on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. Centralising payment cards into a smart app linked to a single Mastercard that can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all
your money in one effortless place. The aim: truly Connected Finance.
We're developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary founder who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll play a key role in the shaping of our customers’ experience of Curve, specifically across the Operations team that will guide the shaping of our card and payment processing, internal processes and forecasting, with your deep understanding of analytics, passion for payments and experience of improving and optimising processes.
What your day will involve
Customer Experience, Fraud, Compliance - Reporting and Analysis
- Set up KPI’s monitoring for all Operations domains
- Customer experience
- Efficiency metrics (reply time, time to resolve, time spent)
- Customer Satisfaction
- Forecasting and team planning (agent per # customers/ sign ups, working hours)
- Fraud and chargebacks
- Fraud and chargeback rates per network calculations
- Exposure, recovery and actual loss
- KYC and AML rates
- Periodic regulatory reporting
- Ad-hoc analysis and troubleshooting
- Bugs and issues - understand scope and root cause and prioritise
- Compliance and fraud analysis and investigation
Payments, Operational and Financial Analysis and Modelling
- Payment processing and declines - dig deep into our transaction processing, understand declines by every entity involved (processor, acquirer, internal, etc), provide actionable insights
- Funding card verification - dive into the data, define the metrics and provide actionable insights to improve customer experience while keeping within our risk appetite
- Card Order processing and fulfilment - forecasting model for card fulfillment, based on growth plans
- Optimisation of costs - forecasting to optimise bundles and contracts with partners
Analytics and performance
- Take a lead on diagnostic analyses as part of day-to-day performance troubleshooting
- Drilling down into data from our database systems
- Structuring analyses to generate practical insight
- Help to mobilise team members around the necessary improvement actions
- Monitor and examine systems to ensure consistent performance as well as identify areas for improvement
- Develop and continuously improve our Operations and payment processing analytic capability, allowing data to drive decisions
Who You Should be
- Passion for financial services, payments and operational processes and creating great user experiences
- Writing SQL query, wrangling data in a google sheet, or pulling data from a restful API does not make you nervous
- Data analytics: comfortable and have experience with using tools such as Chartio, Tableau
- Experience in analytical and statistical techniques, cluster analysis, profiling and regression analysis
- Ability to pull data and insights to inform and persuade
- Proactive and inquisitive by nature
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to accomplish Curve’s mission
Perks & Benefits
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performance team of circa 60 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.