Customer Experience Champion
Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life.
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Welcome to Curve. On a mission to help you live inspired.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to support our most important asset, our customers. Customer Experience Champions at Curve are the gateway to our customers and face of the company. The majority of our time is spent answering inbound customer support queries in our CS ticketing system, by email (and occasionally by phone), capturing feedback (good and bad), and exploring technical and legal queries (with the support of relevant colleagues).
This is a great opportunity to get in at the launch of a ground-breaking mobile fintech startup and be a part of its success, as well as learning new skills from an awesome team of people, and making your mark on how Curve engages with its customers.
What your day will involve:
- You will get to know our customers and our product better than anyone else at Curve and therefore be the customer's advocate. This means for example you will have the opportunity to champion features and from time to time represent the team at product meetings
- Our product is constantly evolving, therefore you will need to be someone who is naturally curious and always learning in order to answer what can sometimes be complex, multi-component or ambiguous questions from Curve users
- Constantly figuring out ways to deliver fantastic service to our users by improving the support process, or feeding back to the product team to improve the product itself
- Updating external FAQs and internal knowledge base so others will know the answer for next time
- Remaining flexible with your schedule, e.g. working weekends and evenings
Our ideal team member will:
- Be a graduate or have relevant experience
- Be enthusiastic about being part of a team who seeks to change the way people interact with financial services
- Be able to demonstrate an ability or willingness to handle high levels of uncertainty
- Have outstanding writing abilities and enjoy the English language; you'll be able to argue about the correct use of affect/ effect
- Like taking real and significant ownership of your work
- Able to recognise and understand a customer’s problem, and adjust your tone to fit the situation
- Be excited to learn everything you can about a complex ground-breaking product, from payment processing to fraud, from financial regulations to brand and marketing, and everything in between.
- Have very good attention to detail, and not be above proof-reading your colleague’s work (or asking them to check yours) if it means sending out typo-free communications
And bonus points for (but not required):
- Experience with customer support tools e.g. Desk/Zendesk/Freshdesk, Intercom, Crashlytics
- Experience working with a technical or financial product
- Experience working in a startup or fast-changing environment
Perks & Benefits
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performance team of circa 60+ rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.