IT Ops Support - (DevOps, Reliability Engineer) - ~IT Superhero~
IT Ops Support - (DevOps, Reliability Engineer)
Base & Equity
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
We believe that the next generation of banking will be a single mobile platform that enables payment anywhere with any card from any account, and connects people in a simple way with the best technologies and financial offers - putting them back in control of their finances.
Our team of award winning (voted leading startup at the EPAwards ‘16 and included in Tech City’s Upscale ‘17 startup programme) entrepreneurs, product-builders and customer-focused marketers are developing a ground-breaking product with the customer at the core. To start with, we’ve taken the humble bank card and injected it with a whole load of innovation. Technical complexity, scalability, security and real-time transactions are all part of the day-to-day challenges; the future will include machine learning & big data.
With funding from the Who’s Who in angel investors and an experienced and ambitious founding team, we are at the forefront of London FinTech.
If you like to be intellectually stretched, your capabilities tested and want an opportunity to have a real voice, input and impactful contribution, then we’re offering that in abundance.
You bring your expertise; we’ll give you the platform to flex your talent!
If you’re an IT Ops Superhero, we need you here at Curve! We’re looking for you to help and support the team and company reach its goals every day. Your mission should you choose to accept it will be to be responsible for providing support, implementing solutions and defining company policies.
Tasks & Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining production systems on AWS as they scale in capacity and complexity
- Providing internal support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Monitoring and maintaining our computer systems and networks using DevOps practices
- Manage and ensure the compliance of office IT infrastructure and of company policies
- Work with development teams and the management to define an auditable and compliant production system
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation policy by responding to system and emergency problems
- NOT doing routine administration BUT engineering an automated solution!
Our ideal team member will have the following skills & experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience in deploying / administering Linux / Mac machines
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience in IT support and maintenance
- Basic knowledge of databases and the rules of distributed systems
- Preferably a Degree in Computer Science
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Java/Python/Ruby/C++/ a modern programming language
- Experience with security and IT policies definition
- Experience with Agile e.g. Scrum / Kanban
- Not being “super focused” on a operating-system or on a programming language!
- Collaborative & Communicative - Enthusiastic and open team player
- Courage - Not afraid of complexity
- “Can-do” Attitude - Focussed on getting the job done whatever it takes
- Curious & Innovative - Delivering the best solution today, whilst unearthing tomorrow
- Self-Aware and ambitious - Embracing a positive culture of blameless post-mortems, admitting mistakes and continuous improvement
With your future in mind:
You will also be part of the SRE team and will contribute to a distributed production system.
This is a unique growth opportunity for someone coming from a pure-support or operational background. If you’re not scared by the complexity of code or by the configuration nuances of an operating system, this is an exceptional opportunity for you to come onboard and shape the future of this system….especially if you’re looking to upskill to a Cloud Engineer.
We’re a small team but growing quickly! And we intend to do so while keeping the emphasis on the “Engineering” part.
We’re a team of circa 30, who work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a founder who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Our Recruitment Philosophy & Hiring Principles:
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
The more talent we have the more we can collectively accomplish - so we support and assist each other to reach and surpass what we believe we are capable of.
How we aim to look after you
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- If you work late, we make sure you have supper and a taxi home
- Team Lunch Fridays
- Infinite stream of fruit & snacks and great coffee
- Generous holiday allowance
Start a conversation:
By contacting Anney Wyner, our Talent Lead, with as much information as possible about you; your personal projects, Github/ STO links, any open source contributions, your philosophy & ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you and what you feel you can contribute!
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulations.