At Curve, we are on a mission to simplify and unify the way people spend, send, see and save money. Centralising your money into a smart card, connected to an even smarter app. With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for an outstanding Lead Designer to join our growing Product Team that’s customer-obsessed and thrives on solving complex problems in creative, elegant ways. With huge responsibility over every step in the user journey from discovery to on-boarding, you will directly contribute to increasing the growth of users and drive retention and engagement. As a Lead Designer, you’re passionate about mentoring the team through ongoing feedback and focus your team on delivering features quickly, effectively and to the highest standard.
Leading a growing team of designers, you’ll work closely with Product and Engineering teams to help us achieve our vision to simplify the way people Spend, Send, See & Save money. You’ll report into the Product Lead and will help shape and evolve Curve’s product and brand.
What will your day involve
- Manage design projects from early stages of an idea, all the way through to implementation.
- Sketch out rough interactions and interfaces to help define new features and ideas.
- Iterate on these ideas and build prototypes that can be used for internal reviews and user tests.
- Analyse user research, web analytics and insights to inform iterative design improvements.
- Design our user experience across all customer touchpoints, including the website, app and other digital platforms.
- Mentor a growing team of experienced designers by providing feedback, leading critiques, and elevating the output of the team.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, partnering with product management and engineering to conceptualize, build, and ship industry-leading products that customers love to use.
- Roll up your sleeves to lead the team and sketch, wireframe, create within the product design process in order to deliver beautiful experiences for our users
- Collaborate with our Product, Marketing and CX teams to build a consistent visual experience across the entire customer journey.
- Shape the design culture at Curve that will ultimately define every interaction customers have with our platforms.
- Focus on continued learning; stay ahead on the latests product design trends and share this knowledge across the company.
Who Should You Be
- You have 6+ years of real-world experience in designing digital products and services. Familiarity with agile and lean principles is a must.
- 4+years leading UX and visual design teams on innovative applications.
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates experience in design thinking and previously shipped UX design for interactive digital products.
- Excellent eye and visual taste. We don’t know everything, so as a designer, you will be rightfully treated as an expert for anything regarding visual composition, user experience and/or interactive products.
- You have proficiency skills using tools such as Sketch, Marvel, Balsamiq, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, Google Analytics, Online User Testing tools.
- You are flexible to adapt quickly to changing priorities within a very dynamic environment, work well under pressure and set the pace on delivery as a design leader.
- We believe everyone has ideas to contribute. You will be expected to take ownership and bring ideas to the table, and also inspire others in the team to do the same.
- You are determined to achieve top quality results in all projects you are working on.
- Confident in taking on challenging conversations and situations, collaborate with each area of the company in order to get to the best product for our users.
- Passion for the craft and love of technology and a self-starter.
*PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider applicants who include a resume and a link to a portfolio.
Perks & Benefits
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performance team of circa 60 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.