DevOps Engineer - SRE
Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life.
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Welcome to Curve. On a mission to help you live inspired.
At Curve, we believe that an SRE is a person attracted by a blurring lines between development and operations with strong fundamentals in both worlds. Not scared by the complexity of code or by the configuration nuances of an operating system.
We’re a small team but growing quickly! And we intend to do so while keeping the emphasis on the “Engineering” part. This is an exceptional opportunity for you to come onboard and shape the future of this system.
Scaling this resiliently across the millions of transactions happening globally requires a sophisticated microservice architecture and a more than the usual big data lip service. And that's just for starters. Providing customer spending insights and battling fraud is going to require world's leading machine learning techniques.
Role: Tasks & Responsibilities include
- Analysing, planning and maintaining production systems on AWS as they scale in capacity and complexity
- Help defining internal and external SLOs and SLAs
- NOT doing routine administration BUT engineering an automated solution!
- Work with development teams and the management to define an auditable and compliant production system
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation policy by responding to system and emergency problems
What we offer
This is a unique opportunity. And real. At Curve the SRE team is a core part of Engineering. We are very small but we are involved in the design and the scalability of every feature developed. We are not working, hidden, in the background: we are doing distributed systems engineering every day, whilst designing a PCI compliant Kubernetes cluster in a well-funded “one to watch” fintech startup with zero legacy. You will be one of the very few engineers that are doing this.
Our ideal team member will have the following talent, skills & experience:
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- At least 3+ years’ experience in deploying/administering Linux clusters
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience with a modern programming language (Java/Python/Node.JS/C++)
Bonus points for:
- Open-source contributions
- Knowledge of the rules of databases and distributed systems
- Computer Science degree
- Experience with Kubernetes/cluster schedulers
- Experience with PCI compliance, application security and data compliance
- Experience with data analysis systems
- Knowledge of Android, iOS and mobile applications pipelines
Core competencies/ person profile:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Not scared by complexity and with a healthy “Can-do” attitude
- Personal interest in reading and studying about distributed systems and system reliability
- An unwavering ability to embrace a positive culture of blameless post-mortems, admit mistakes and continuous improvement
Perks & Benefits
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performance team of circa 60+ rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
Closing date for applications: 12th October 2018
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.