Lead Full Stack Software Engineer - The future of money in your hands!
Lead Full Stack Software Engineer
Salary + Equity
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We can turn any bank, into a smart bank. Centralising all your credit, debit, rewards and business cards and housing them safely in a single platform. Adding notifications, creating budgets, seeing spending habits all to your existing bank account. For the first time giving you smart insights and control of all your money in one effortless place. The aim: truly Connected Finance.
So, scaling this resiliently across the millions of transactions happening globally requires a sophisticated microservice architecture and more than the usual big data lip service. Providing customer spending insights and battling fraud is going to require leading machine learning techniques.
What your day will involve:
- Lots of coding!
- Supporting and coaching the engineers
- Providing feedback and coaching to the squad via code reviews and pair programming where appropriate
- Collaborating to rapidly build-measure-learn and build a world-class product
- Working with our scrum masters to constantly iterate on the company’s development processes
- Leading and motivating the team past roadblocks to make sure we are shipping features as effectively as possible
- Guiding design discussions; being the voice of experience by helping the team balance flexibility, expediency and scalability
- Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns
- Keeping a keen eye on the future, whilst making sure we’re proactively but pragmatically tackling technical debt
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience:
- Intimate knowledge of a large array of software languages, preferably PHP, Golang, Java, Objective-C/Swift
- Experience of development practises like TDD, BDD, CI, CD
- Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL)
- Bonus points for real-time low latency high frequency transaction based systems
- Ability to diagnose problems at any level (Client, HTTP/Network, Server, Database, OS)
- An ability to run/lead high performance teams
- Experience of collaborating with Product to design product features and build - measure - learn quickly
- Demonstrable experience of building large concurrent applications, ideally with microservices
- Experience of developing and shipping mobile apps to the App or Play store a massive bonus
- Solid experience of developing and running large scale production environments in or closely with DevOps / SRE - we're using docker, kubernetes, AWS
- A genuine interest in working in a fast paced startup
More About Us: Curve is a funded, award winning Fintech startup, headquartered in Shoreditch, with a growing multi cultural team of 40 who hail from over 10 countries.
We are expanding rapidly and are searching for a number of Senior Full Stack Engineers to join our growing team of test automation, mobile, back end, SRE/DevOps and data engineers (circa 18). If you're looking for your next career step then we would like to speak with you, as we're looking for the brightest minds to help build out the next phase of our innovative platform.
We have won multiple awards but more important than awards, is our growing user base with increased retention and product satisfaction.
Do we innovate? We believe we do: We've developed a world first, patent pending feature called GBiT - Go Back in Time - which allows the user 14 days to retrospectively change the card post transaction. Haven't we all spent on a the wrong card at some point...
Our values: We have a set of values which determine how we make decisions: obsess about the customer experience, think big & innovate, “build, measure & learn” and automate & accelerate. In addition we have values which determine how we work: feel the urgency, train your judgment, collaboration & trust at our core and responsibility to challenge.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity for everyone
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Your dream computer
- We invest in learning & development and encourage attending and speaking at conferences (our Lead SRE is our star speaker)
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, personal fitness instruction, massages, etc.
- Breakfast Mondays
- Lunch & Learn Fridays - we're all about knowledge transfer especially over great food!
- Owning your own projects
- Other essentials - lots of free food and drinks
Start a conversation by sending us as much information as possible about you; your personal projects, any open source contributions, Github/Stackoverflow repos, your philosophy & ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you.
We are currently not in a position to offer sponsorship
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.