Full Stack Software Engineer (Jnr, Mid & Snr levels) - ~The Puzzle Solver~
Full Stack Software Engineer
~The Puzzle Solver~
Base Salary + Equity
Curve is growing - join our award winning adventurous startup!
What You’ll be doing: Technical complexity, scalability, security and real-time transactions are all part of the day-to-day challenges; the future will include machine learning & big data. If you like to be intellectually stretched, your capabilities tested and want an opportunity to have a real voice, input and impactful contribution, then we’re offering that in abundance.
Our Mission: Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We are focused on an ambitious opportunity fuelled by a couple of trends starting to play out in the market, from fragmentation of financial services to new convergence layers for the customer experience. We believe the end-game will be a connected world of money, tailored individually for each customer. As such, we're building a new category - a digital banking platform.
We've started by tapping into the most frequent job users do with their money - Spending - by creating a better way to pay, leveraging Curve's unique technology. Our focus in the next 18 months is to keep improving the spending proposition, while introducing connections and automations across the various jobs of money by providing our customers with a significantly better experience.
Is this You?
- You’re dedicated to writing clean, testable and scalable code
- Your talents & experience of building products extend beyond websites to include high volume systems or payment processing
- You’re excited by collaborating and are able to encourage creativity and efficiency within the team; generating ideas and creating insightful solutions
- A curiosity to learn, driven by a pragmatism to ship, being able to craft code spanning the stack across backend services to front end mobile apps
- Excellent CS or equivalent Degree
- A genuine enthusiasm for what you do, illustrated by contributions to open source projects, Hackathon wins or personal applications!
We’re looking for you to:
- Staying close to the customer and working as a team to iterate fast
- Writing clean, architecturally sound and maintainable code cross-platform, web and native mobile
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to design, build and ship minimal but quality features
As a Curve Software Engineer one of your responsibilities may include building a transaction processing system, which processes transactions worth millions of pounds. You’ll also be part of the team that will build new features like the public API or fraud engine.
- Engineering experience: You have exemplary web development experience, working on high volume, complex systems. Bonus points for real-time transaction based systems. Understanding SOLID principles, TDD/BDD and similar friends. Writing code that can be extended, modified, tested and refactored without any problems. Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL)
- Teamwork: You’re used to working collaboratively, participating in code reviews, and being a team player.
- Product centric: You love solving hard technical challenges and producing clean code, but you realise the product and the end-user’s experience is the most important thing. You need to care about the users and think beyond just the technical challenges.
- Self directed: We’re a startup. We need someone who is comfortable taking an imperfect feature specification and driving it all the way to completion. As well as being comfortable with interruptions from time to time.
Technical experience includes:
- Experience in building parallel or concurrent applications and software architectures like microservices
- Has developed and shipped mobile apps to the App or Play store a massive bonus
- Intimate knowledge of PHP and modern PHP frameworks (Symfony2, Laravel), GO and Java
- Has worked with Agile team
More about Us: We are a high-performance team of circa 35 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We're developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. We are, bold, like to challenge assumptions, adaptable and resourceful in the ways we can serve people. We constantly strive to find the ‘why’, and move quickly into action. We believe in deep collaboration, treat each other respectfully and improve together. Our collective conviction and passion drives our mission.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and founders who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Our recruitment philosophy: We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
How we aim to look after you:
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, massages, etc.
- Dinner, taxis, etc if you work late
- Team Lunch Fridays, weekly drinks, etc
- Infinite stream of fruit & snacks (healthy & unhealthy), breakfast smoothies and great coffee
- Generous holiday allowance
Starting the conversation:Send us as much information as possible about you; your personal projects, Github/ STO links, any open source contributions, your philosophy & ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you and what you feel you can contribute!
Email our Talent Lead Anney at email@example.com
Currently we are not in a position to offer sponsorship.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulations