Mobile Engineer (iOS)
Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We can turn any bank, into a smart bank. Centralising all your credit, debit, rewards and business cards and housing them safely in a single platform. Adding notifications, creating budgets, seeing spending habits all to your existing bank account. For the first time giving you smart insights and control of all your money in one effortless place. The aim: Truly Connected Finance.
Scaling this resiliently across the millions of transactions happening globally requires a sophisticated microservice architecture and more than the usual lip service to big data. And that's just for starters. Providing customer spending insights and battling fraud is going to require world-leading machine learning techniques. This isn't a challenge for the faint hearted and depends on a special team to build this future.
What your day will involve:
- Positively contributing to architecture discussions, being the voice of experience helping the team balance flexibility, expediency and scalability.
- Having a fanatical focus on, writing secure, highly performant, test driven, maintainable and fault tolerant mobile applications.
- Hands on coding to lead by example and demonstrate best practices, rolling up your sleeves to raise the game for the entire engineering team.
- Collaborating with the wider engineering team to ensure Curve has well designed APIs and services by offering a Customer’s perspective.
- Avoiding over engineering, by focusing on making it work, then making it beautiful, promoting experimentation by reducing the cost of failure, being an advocate of evidence based decision making and thinking customer first.
- Contributing to assessing, exploring and controlling technology risk and contributing the technology selection process.
- Assisting in early issue identification, resolution and subsequent root cause analysis.
- Implementing innovative proof of concepts for multiple projects.
- Designing high performance and scalable architecture for our mobile application whilst aligning with the need to deliver incrementally, fast and often.
- Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns and practices. Being the best you can be and bringing everyone with you.
- Keeping a keen eye on the future, making sure the code base doesn’t become stale, initiating code refactoring and implementation of new and best practices whilst ensuring that our systems remains secure to newly identified threats.
Our ideal team member will have the following talents, skills & experience:
- A passion for and experience of building consumer facing iOS applications
- An eye for design and an passion for UX, with an ability to craft excellent design into a first class application that puts the customer at the core
- A track record of developing apps that delight users, having shipped one or more apps to the App Store
- Effectively worked in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Demonstrable experience of pair programming
- A CompSci degree or equivalent preferable
- Experience with multiple programming languages a big bonus
- Native iOS application development experience
- Strong knowledge of Swift and Objective C
- TDD, Unit testing, CI
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development
- Good understanding of iOS architecture patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM, VIPER)
- Experience with UIKit and other core iOS frameworks
- Experience with auto-layout
- Use of RESTful APIs
- Source control, especially branch & merge (git ideal)
Current Tech Stack:
- Swift & ObjectiveC