Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life. That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
What will your day involve:
- Delivering clean, architecturally sound and maintainable server-side code; bonus points for full-stack development experience
- Collaborating with stakeholders in the company to rapidly build-measure-learn a world-class product
- Working with our Agile Delivery Managers to constantly iterate on the company’s development processes
- Motivating the team past roadblocks to make sure we are shipping features as effectively as possible
- Being involved in design discussions and contributing to building and updating the documentation artefacts
- Contributing to the current move away from monolithic architecture to microservices
- Championing new technologies and enforcing the best development patterns
- Keeping a keen eye on the future, whilst making sure we’re proactively but pragmatically tackling technical deb
Who we are looking for:We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join us and actively contribute to the overall success of the company. This is the perfect opportunity to step up to the plate, take ownership of this key role and showcase your capabilities to make a real impact. Your primary objective will be to build elegant, performant, maintainable, operable and secure Golang microservices.
- 3+ years of software development experience
- A desire to cross-train. The ideal candidate will be happy to contribute to our Golang microservices as well as our php ones!
- In-depth knowledge of PHP language (version 7+) as well as experience with working with other software languages (ideally Golang but otherwise languages like Java, C++ or Python).
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks as Symfony or Laravel
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Understanding of SOLID Principles and Design Patterns
- A genuine interest in working in a fast paced startup and ideally Fintech
- Experience of building microservices; ideally deployed in Docker containers on Kubernetes with bonus points for using a service mesh such as Istio
- Experience of agile development practices, i.e. Scrum & Kanban
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. Postgres) & NoSQL (e.g. Mongo) datastores
- Bonus points for real-time low latency high frequency transaction based systems
- Ability to diagnose problems at any level (Client, HTTP/Network, Server, Database, OS)
- Experience of developing and running large scale production environments in or closely with DevOps / SRE
- You are experienced with Cloud Native solutions deployed to AWS