At Curve, we are on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. Centralising payment cards into a smart app linked to a single Mastercard that can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all
your money in one effortless place. The aim: truly Connected Finance.
We're developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary founder who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be part of the core analytics team. Our mission is to build a robust platform to collect data from multiple part of the system and enable its activation for business and product usage. We believe in data being at the core of the business. We hate latency and approximation.
Our timeline is full of exciting projects and ideas we want to implement. This role is a great opportunity for an engineer who love data, mathematics, software architecture, system architecture, programming and want to have an impact and build systems from scratch.
We will expect you to have input and to work on any subject related with analytics. This includes solution choice and design for real-time and batch data processing, mobile tracking, website tracking, back-end tracking, database administration, data modelling, reporting, A/B testing and much more.
You will mainly be working with AWS (Redshift, S3, EC2, Kinesis, Data Pipeline), Chartio & Tableau for analytics and visualisation, Python, dbt and Snowplow.
Role requirements will include:
- Managing and administering our Data Warehouse (Redshift) to guarantee continuous and high availability of the data
- Data modeling in Redshift to ensure data integrity and query efficiency
- Designing and building pipelines to collect data from various data sources (RDS databases, back-end applications, front-end applications, facebook ads, google adwords…)
- Working with Back-end, Front-end, Devops & QA engineers to ensure that the analytics is well-integrated to the development process and that we collect the right data
- Working with marketing, operations and product development to understand reporting, analysis and modelling needs to support decision-making
- Working with data analysts to understand their data needs and translating them into clear requirements
- Helping us implementing a data-driven mindset in the company
- Managing our visualisation tools and ensuring they integrate gracefully with our data storage solution
- Occasionally building dashboards to expose data to the business users
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with data warehouse and pipeline design
- Experience with complex data modelling and database administration
- Good proficiency in Python, Scala, Java or another programming language
- Experience with NoSQL databases like ElasticSearch
- Experience and understanding of visualisation and analysis tools
- Experience with mobile tracking and analytics
- An aptitude to connect technical execution of reporting to business needs for analysis and decision-making
- Experience of working in a fast paced, rapidly growing startup
- Ambition, diligence, dedication, and an outgoing, problem-solving attitude
Nice to have:
- Experience with continuous deployment and integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience with orchestration and provisioning tools like Terraform and Ansible
Perks & Benefits
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks
More about us
We are a high-performance team of circa 60 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.