Head of Compliance (MLRO)
At Curve, we are on a mission to simplify and unify the way people spend, send, see and save money. Centralising your money into a smart card, connected to an even smarter app. With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Who we’re looking for
Curve is looking for an experienced Head of Compliance to take ownership of the compliance and AML functions across the business. The company is growing rapidly and the primary objective of the role is to review, monitor and communicate all compliance policies and procedures. This is a high-visibility role, in which you will be a key member of the team, while also having a high level of autonomy in your day-to-day work.
We’re building something new in a very fast paced space, and we need an experienced and pragmatic compliance officer to help us navigate it. You will have the opportunity to take Curve’s compliance program to the next level, represent the company in its most important regulatory and partner relationships, and lead the implementation of new programs and services.
- Be the expert within the company on all compliance matters and provide advice to the management team on requirements and best practice.
- Work across the business to develop compliance procedures and controls and to conduct periodic internal reviews to test controls and ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Develop, maintain and oversee the CDD / KYC / AML / CTF / PEP / Sanctions policies, procedures and processing.
- Act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), reviewing internal suspicious activity reports (SARs) and making appropriate disclosures to the National Crime Agency (NCA).
- Maintain documentation of all compliance activities, as required by PCI/DSS, the FCA, card schemes and all other legislative, regulatory and governance requirements that may affect the company.
- Ensure compliance with Data Protection legislation, liaising with the company’s (external) DPO.
- Assess product, compliance and operational risks to develop the company’s risk management framework and strategies.
- Report to senior management on the performance of the company's compliance framework and controls.
- Lead the company's engagements with regulators, external auditors, legal council and other stakeholders.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies and procedures.
Who Should You be
- You have gained 5+ years experience in a compliance and/or financial crime function of a payment institution, preferably a fintech company.
- You have a strong understanding of general compliance and payments regulation, especially as regards AML/CTF requirements.
- You are experienced in developing scalable compliance processes that balance risk versus innovation.
- You have a pragmatic and technology-focused approach towards compliance.
- You are well-versed in the art of drafting procedures and evaluating internal controls.
- You are confident in taking on challenging conversations and situations to get to the best solution.
- You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- You are keen to work and develop your career within an exciting entrepreneurial FinTech start-up.
Perks & benefits:
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Personal Concierge service
- ‘Breakfast Mondays’, ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performance team of circa 60 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.