Card Operations Lead
Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life.
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Welcome to Curve. On a mission to help you live inspired.
What you’ll be doing
As a Card Operations lead you will be responsible for all aspects card fulfilment and you will play a key role in shaping the customer experience and the business moving forward. It is a great role for someone who likes investigating complex problems, getting to root cause and implementing elegant solutions. On a daily basis, you will be investigating card and payment related issues, own card operational processes and work closely with different teams (customer experience, developers, fincrime, product, design) as well as external partners to create scalable tools and processes.
What your day will involve
- Be the ‘go to’ person for troubleshooting and investigating complex customer queries related to use of their Curve card.
- Partner management: managing BAU to ensure the seamless delivery of our card services with operational partners.
- Share responsibility for incident management and assuring our reliability and business continuity, as well as communication with customers over card operational issues.
- Share ownership of the internal bugs and issues process within operations and work closely with QA, engineering and product to investigate and prioritise solutions
- Own all aspects of Curve card distribution including manufacturing, packaging, shipping and day to day interaction with our card production bureau.
- Share responsibility for improving operational processes - defining/improving, monitoring and reporting (such as refunds, transaction reconciliation, rewards program operations).
- Plan internal tools and processes and work with product and engineering teams to build them to improve internal efficiency as well as the customer experience
- Working closely with other departments (CX, compliance/KYC/fraud, product, marketing, etc) to achieve operational objectives
Our ideal team member will
- Have a graduate degree, with a preference to technical /engineering/economics
- Have 2-4 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Be enthusiastic about being part of a team who seeks to change the way people interact with financial services
- Have a passion for financial services, payments and operational processes and creating great user experiences
- Be a Problem Solver, Highly Analytical, Resourceful, Hard working
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Have SQL experience, and proficiency in one programming language is a plus
- Payments industry experience is a strong preference
Perks & Benefits
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer