Software Engineer (Jnr, Mid & Snr levels)
Base Salary + Equity
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
We believe that the next generation of banking will be a single mobile platform that enables payment anywhere with any card from any account, and connects people in a simple way with the best technologies and financial offers - putting them back in control of their finances.
Our team of award winning (voted leading startup at the EPAwards ‘16 and included in Tech City’s Upscale ‘17 startup programme) entrepreneurs, product-builders and customer-focused marketers are developing a ground-breaking product with the customer at the core. To start with, we’ve taken the humble bank card and injected it with a whole load of innovation. Technical complexity, scalability, security and real-time transactions are all part of the day-to-day challenges; the future will include machine learning & big data.
With funding from the Who’s Who in angel investors and an experienced and ambitious founding team, we are at the forefront of London FinTech.
If you like to be intellectually stretched, your capabilities tested and want an opportunity to have a real voice, input and impactful contribution, then we’re offering that in abundance.
You bring your expertise; we’ll give you the platform to flex your talent!
We’re looking for Software Engineers to join our talented engineering team. You’ll be actively contributing to our fast paced, ground-breaking fintech startup.
Is this You?
- You’re dedicated to writing clean, testable and scalable code
- Your talents & experience of building products extend beyond websites to include high volume systems or payment processing
- A desire to see your efforts realised - we commit code twice a day!
- You’re excited by collaborating and are able to encourage creativity and efficiency within the team; generating ideas and creating insightful solutions
- Excellent CS or equivalent Degree
- A genuine enthusiasm for what you do, illustrated by contributions to open source projects, Hackathon wins or personal applications!
We’re looking for you to:
- Work in a cross functional team
- Research, design and write new system services
- If you develop in Scala then be our S-champion, and go wild on building our SDK
- Maintain & improve our current codebase
- Write production ready & tested code
- Present ideas for system improvements
- Participate in technology, programming and architecture discussions
- Investigate new technologies
As a Curve Software Engineer one of your responsibilities may include building a transaction processing system, which processes transactions worth millions of pounds. You’ll also be part of the team that will build new features like the public API or fraud engine.
Technical experience includes:
- Engineering experience: You’ve done web development for 4+ years working on high volume, complex systems. Bonus points for real-time transaction based systems. Understanding SOLID principles, TDD/BDD and similar friends. Writing code which can be extended, modified, tested and refactored without any problems. Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL)
- Teamwork: You’re used to working collaboratively, participating in code reviews, and being a team player.
- Product centric: You love solving hard technical challenges and producing clean code, but you realise the product and the end-user’s experience is the most important thing. You need to care about the users and think beyond just the technical challenges.
- Self directed: We’re a startup. We need someone who is comfortable taking an imperfect feature specification and driving it all the way to completion. As well as being comfortable with interruptions from time to time.
Technical experience includes:
- Experience in building parallel or concurrent applications
- Experience with software architectures like microservices
- Experience in modern programming languages GO, Java or other JVM languages like Scala
- PHP and modern PHP frameworks (Symfony2, Laravel)
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Familiarity with OWASP ASVS and SANS top 20
- Familiarity with Uncle Bob or Martin Fowler
We’re a team of 25, who work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, including Speedinvest VC, led by Stefan Klestil; Ex-Google Wallet consortium; Ricky Knox, founder of Azimo and Open Bank Project; Taavet Hinrikus, founder of TransferWise; Ed Wray, founder of BetFair; Kima Ventures and a founder who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Our recruitment philosophy
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
How we aim to look after you:
● Generous holiday allowance
● Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, personal fitness instruction, massages, etc.
● Owning your own projects
● Other essentials such as snacks, drinks, and other things as we think of them
Starting the conversation:Send us as much information as possible about you; your personal projects, Github/ STO links, any open source contributions, your philosophy & ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you and what you feel you can contribute!
Email our Talent Lead Anney at email@example.com
Currently we are not in a position to offer sponsorship.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulations