Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - ~The Puzzle Solver~
Full Stack Software Engineer
~The Puzzle Solver~
Salary + Equity
Imagine a job where you can build anything you can dream. Imagine Curve.
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
What You’ll be doing: Technical complexity, scalability, security and real-time transactions are all part of the day-to-day challenges; the future will include machine learning & big data. If you like to be intellectually stretched, your capabilities tested and want an opportunity to have a real voice, input, impactful contribution, and agency then we’re offering that in abundance.
Our Mission: Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We can turn any bank, into a smart bank. Adding notifications, creating budgets, seeing spending habits all to your existing bank account. But better, we can consolidate all your accounts into one single, simple to use experience. Centralising all your credit, debit, rewards and business cards and housing them safely in a single platform. For the first time giving you smart insights and control of all your money in one effortless place.
Scaling this resiliently across the millions of transactions happening globally requires a sophisticated microservices architecture and more than the usual big data lip service.
This isn't a challenge for the faint hearted and depends on a special team to build this future.
Is this You?
- You’re dedicated to writing clean, testable and scalable code
- Your talents & experience of building products extend beyond websites to include high volume systems or payment processing
- You’re excited by collaborating and are able to encourage creativity and efficiency within the team; generating ideas and creating insightful solutions
- A curiosity to learn, driven by a pragmatism to ship, being able to craft code spanning the stack across backend services to front end mobile apps
- Excellent CS or equivalent Degree
- A genuine enthusiasm for what you do, illustrated by contributions to open source projects, Hackathon wins or personal applications!
We’re looking for you to:
- Staying close to the customer and working as a team to iterate fast
- Writing clean, architecturally sound and maintainable code cross-platform, web and native mobile
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to design, build and ship minimal but quality features
As a Curve Software Engineer one of your responsibilities may include building a transaction processing system, which processes transactions worth millions of pounds. You’ll also be part of the team that will build new features like the public API or fraud engine.
Engineering experience: You have exemplary web development experience, working on high volume, complex systems. Bonus points for real-time transaction based systems. Understanding SOLID principles, TDD/BDD and similar friends. Writing code that can be extended, modified, tested and refactored without any problems. Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL)
Teamwork: You’re used to working collaboratively, participating in code reviews, and being a team player.Product centric: You love solving hard technical challenges and producing clean code, but you realise the product and the end-user’s experience is the most important thing. You need to care about the users and think beyond just the technical challenges.
Self directed: We’re a startup. We need someone who is comfortable taking an imperfect feature specification and driving it all the way to completion. As well as being comfortable with interruptions from time to time.
Technical experience includes:
- Experience in building parallel or concurrent applications and software architectures like microservices
- Intimate knowledge of PHP and modern PHP frameworks (Symfony2, Laravel), GO and Java
- Has developed and shipped mobile apps to the App or Play store a massive bonus
- Has worked with Agile team
More about Us:
We are a high-performance team of circa 40 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We're developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core.
We are bold, like to challenge assumptions, adaptable and resourceful in the ways we can serve people. We constantly strive to find the ‘why’, and move quickly into action. We believe in deep collaboration, treat each other respectfully and improve together. Our collective conviction and passion drives our mission.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and founders who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Who’s talking about our tech:
New York Times
Our recruitment philosophy: We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
How we aim to look after you:
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Your dream computer (Mac, PC or whatever else your heart desires)
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, personal fitness instruction, massages, etc.
- Dinner, taxis, etc if you work late
- Developing library - we support learning & development
- Owning your own projects
- Other essentials such snacks, drinks, and other things as we think of them
Getting in touch:
Start a conversation by sending us as much information as possible about you; your personal projects, any open source contributions, Github/Stackoverflow repos, your philosophy & ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you.
Email our Talent Lead Anney at firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.