Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 P/A + Equity
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
We believe that the next generation of banking will be a single mobile platform that enables payment anywhere with any card from any account, and connects people in a simple way with the best technologies and financial offers - putting them back in control of their finances.
Our team of award winning (voted leading startup at the EPAwards ‘16 and included in Tech City’s Upscale ‘17 startup programme) entrepreneurs, product-builders and customer-focused marketers are developing a ground-breaking product with the customer at the core. To start with, we’ve taken the humble bank card and injected it with a whole load of innovation. Technical complexity, scalability, security and real-time transactions are all part of the day-to-day challenges; the future will include machine learning & big data.
With funding from the Who’s Who in angel investors and an experienced and ambitious founding team, we are at the forefront of London FinTech.
If you like to be intellectually stretched, your capabilities tested and want an opportunity to have a real voice, input and impactful contribution, then we’re offering that in abundance.
You bring your expertise; we’ll give you the platform to flex your talent!
We’re looking for you to:
Be responsible for building the important internal product for our Operations, Fraud, Compliance and Support teams. This is NOT another boring CRUD application!
You’ll be writing code which:
- Moves money
- Detects illegal user activities
- Impacts logic of our payment processing system
- Automate manual tasks for Operations, Fraud, Compliance and Support
Is this You?
- Motivated to set high standards
- Comfortable with leading discussions
- Able to execute your role swiftly and safely in rapidly changing environments
- Ideally experience of working in a fintech/payments company
- Revel in fast paced startup environments
- Willingness to learn
- Passionate about user experience
- Keen to embed your technical knowledge, expertise and ability for the benefit of yourself, the company and the wider Curve community
- Comfortable with starting from a blank page and taking responsibility for defining, designing & developing
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases from specifications or verbal communications
- Excellent Degree in Computer Science or related field
We’re looking for a talented Developer to work on building our platform administration system. We are using OroPlatform which is an Open-Source Business Application Platform (BAP). The OroPlatform/OroCRM is built in PHP5/7 and the Symfony2 framework, so knowledge of Symfony2 is required.
We’re a kick ass team of ambitious dreamers who get things done. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
With tens of thousands of sign-ups to date, our user base is growing daily. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and visionary founders who want everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise their expertise.
We care about what we do, and how we do it …. and we care about each other! With a desire to build a world-class team across all functions, we believe that everyone who joins our journey and contributes to the success should be rewarded with equity. Our compensation philosophy is simple but powerful: give everyone a meaningful stake in the company, the purest form of ownership. We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having the best of the best with us.
How we aim to look after you:
● Generous Holiday Allowance
● Your dream computer (Mac, PC or whatever else your heart desires)
● Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, massages, etc.
● If you work late, we make sure you have supper and a taxi home
● Owning your own projects
● Other essentials such as nerf ammunition, snacks, drinks, and other things as we think of them
Getting in touch:
Start a conversation by sending us as much information as possible about you, your personal projects, any open source contributions, your philosophy & ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you.
Closing Date: 20th March 2017
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.