Senior Fraud and Dispute Analyst - ~Super Sleuth & Sheriff~
Senior Fraud and Dispute Analyst
~Super Sleuth & Sheriff~
Base & Equity
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
We believe that the next generation of banking will be a single mobile platform that enables payment anywhere with any card from any account, and connects people in a simple way with the best technologies and financial offers - putting them back in control of their finances.
Our team of entrepreneurs, product-builders and customer-focused marketers is developing a ground-breaking product with the customer at the core. To start with, we’ve taken the humble bank card and injected it with a whole load of innovation. Technical complexity, scalability, security and real-time transactions are all part of the day-to-day challenges.
With funding from the Who’s Who in angel investors and an experienced and ambitious founding team, we are at the forefront of London FinTech.
If you like to be intellectually stretched, your capabilities tested and want an opportunity to have a real voice, input and impactful contribution, then we’re offering that in abundance.
You bring your expertise; we’ll give you the platform to flex your talent!
You will be responsible for the prevention of fraudulent card activity on a daily basis. Therefore, on the front line of fraud detection, prevention and chargeback. We’re looking for you to be a self-starter with a can-do attitude. Investigating, identification and prevention of fraudulent and suspect payments, along with handling of chargebacks and disputes. You will support other team members with your knowledge and understanding of fraud patterning and basic FCA legislation and regulation.
You will also assist in compliance issues and reporting and be familiar with basic reporting requirements.
Our ideal family member will have the following skills & experience
- Graduate Degree or compensating experience in fraud prevention role
- Passion for identifying and exposing ‘the bad guys’!
- 2+ years experience of fraud prevention management ideally within financial services
- Excellent understanding of credit/debit card processing (demonstrable knowledge of the prepaid and card payment industry is a distinct advantage)
- Solid understanding of fraud, identity theft, account takeover
- An ability to manage tight processes with accuracy and attention to detail
- An exceptional ability to dive into the details and develop greater understanding of how customer electronic footprint is used in the transaction monitoring and decision matrices
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc,) or Google Docs equivalents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Experience in transactional monitoring and fraud prevention
- Knowledge of chargeback for fraud and disputes
- Previous experience in identifying and implementing fraud prevention software systems
- ICA Diploma
We’re a team of 25, who work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, including Speedinvest VC, led by Stefan Klestil; Ex-Google Wallet consortium; Ricky Knox, founder of Azimo and Open Bank Project; Taavet Hinrikus, founder of TransferWise; Ed Wray, founder of BetFair; Kima Ventures and a founder who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Our recruitment philosophy
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
How we aim to look after you
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- If you work late, we make sure you have supper and a taxi home
- Team Lunch Fridays
- Infinite stream of fruit & snacks and great coffee
- Generous holiday allowance
Getting in touch:
Start a conversation by sending us as much information as possible about you, your achievements, your philosophy & ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.