UX Designer - ~The Influencer~
Salary + Equity
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
We believe that the next generation of banking will be a single mobile platform that enables payment anywhere with any card from any account, and connects people in a simple way with the best technologies and financial offers - putting them back in control of their finances.
Our team of award winning (voted leading startup at the EPAwards ‘16 and included in Tech City’s Upscale ‘17 startup programme) entrepreneurs, product-builders and customer-focused marketers are developing a ground-breaking product with the customer at the core. To start with, we’ve taken the humble bank card and injected it with a whole load of innovation. Technical complexity, scalability, security and real-time transactions are all part of the day-to-day challenges; the future will include machine learning & big data.
With funding from the Who’s Who in angel investors and an experienced and ambitious founding team, we are at the forefront of London FinTech.
If you like to be intellectually stretched, your capabilities tested and want an opportunity to have a real voice, input and impactful contribution, then we’re offering that in abundance.
You bring your expertise; we’ll give you the platform to flex your talent!
Role Overview:We’re looking for an outstanding UX Designer to be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also contribute to the design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. We’re looking for someone who can help us make complex digital user experience problems simpler.
What we need you to do and have an enviable track record of having done:
- User journeys
- UX screen flows
- UX guidelines
- Understanding and articulating the user needs
- Great facilitation and communication skillsWorking with multidisciplinary teams (Engineering, Product, Marketing, Operations)
- Lean startup model, iterative and agile ways of working
- End-to-end product lifecycle development
- Ability to work with data (quantitative user analysis)
- Design tools (Sketch, Marvel, Balsamiq, etc)
- Design thinking and UCD
- Toolkit of user research and methods of gathering user insights
- Mobile UX patterns (iOS & Android must have, web nice to have)
- Understanding of visual design
- Ability to create quick and dirty prototypes (e.g. animations with AfterEffects, wireframe with Balsamiq, interactive prototypes with Flintos, Axure, Marvel, etc.)
- Uncanny ability to distinguish and articulate the difference between “good” and “great” work
What gets us excited!
- You’re great at understanding human behaviour and turning insights and needs into real concepts
- You are obsessed with what design and technology could do for people
- You have a great balance with both design and systems thinking; you can logically visualise complex systems, user interaction flows and beautiful user interface
- You read behavioural economics in your free time
- You love solving big, hairy problems!
- You are passionate about building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product life cycle
- You can articulate the value of design through verbal and visual presentation
- You love collaborating with others
- You have the ability to learn new tools and do self-guided work within a fast-paced environment.
- You’re a designer at your core, and you see bringing products to market as an important part of your design passion
We’re a team of 25, who work closely together to turn dreams into realities. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London. We build entrepreneurs, and we invest time in coaching and teaching each other, never settling for anything but the best.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and founders who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Our recruitment philosophy
We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
How we aim to look after you
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- If you work late, we make sure you have supper and a taxi home
- Team Lunch Fridays
- Infinite stream of fruit & snacks and great coffee
- Generous holiday allowance
Starting the conversation:
Send us as much information as possible about you: we want to see your work, so include your portfolio, along with your achievements, philosophy & ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you! Email our Talent Lead, Anney at firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently we are not in a position to offer sponsorship.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulations