UX Designer - ~The Influencer~
Salary + Equity
Curve is growing - join our adventurous startup!
Role Overview: We’re looking for an outstanding UX Designer to be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also contribute to the design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. We’re looking for someone who can help us make complex digital user experience problems simpler.
Our Mission: Curve is on a mission to simplify the way people spend, send, see and save money. We are focused on an ambitious opportunity fuelled by a couple of trends starting to play out in the market, from fragmentation of financial services to new convergence layers for the customer experience. We believe the end-game will be a connected world of money, tailored individually for each customer. As such, we're building a new category - a digital banking platform.
We've started by tapping into the most frequent job users do with their money - Spending - by creating a better way to pay, leveraging Curve's unique technology. Our focus in the next 18 months is to keep improving the spending proposition, while introducing connections and automation across the various jobs of money to provide our customers with a significantly better experience.
You bring your expertise; we’ll give you the platform to flex your talent!
What we need you to do and have an enviable track record of having done:
- User journeys
- UX screen flows
- UX guidelines
- Understanding and articulating the user needs
- Great facilitation and communication skillsWorking with multidisciplinary teams (Engineering, Product, Marketing, Operations)
- Lean startup model, iterative and agile ways of working
- End-to-end product lifecycle development
- Ability to work with data (quantitative user analysis)
- Design tools (Sketch, Marvel, Balsamiq, etc)
- Design thinking and UCD
- Toolkit of user research and methods of gathering user insights
- Mobile UX patterns (iOS & Android must have, web nice to have)
- Understanding of visual design
- Ability to create quick and dirty prototypes (e.g. animations with AfterEffects, wireframe with Balsamiq, interactive prototypes with Flintos, Axure, Marvel, etc.)
- Uncanny ability to distinguish and articulate the difference between “good” and “great” work
What gets us excited!
- You’re great at understanding human behaviour and turning insights and needs into real concepts
- You are obsessed with what design and technology could do for people
- You have a great balance with both design and systems thinking; you can logically visualise complex systems, user interaction flows and beautiful user interface
- You read behavioural economics in your free time
- You love solving big, hairy problems!
- You are passionate about building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product life cycle
- You can articulate the value of design through verbal and visual presentation
- You love collaborating with others
- You have the ability to learn new tools and do self-guided work within a fast-paced environment.
- You’re a designer at your core, and you see bringing products to market as an important part of your design passion
More about Us: We are a high-performance team of circa 40 rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We're developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. We are bold, like to challenge assumptions, adaptable and resourceful in the ways we can serve people. We constantly strive to find the ‘why’, and move quickly into action. We believe in deep collaboration, treat each other respectfully and improve together. Our collective conviction and passion drives our mission.
Our user base is growing daily and we have exceptional user retention. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and founders who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to exercise and develop their expertise.
Our recruitment philosophy: We’re committed to building a product that people want, and we can’t do it without having a talented team with a meaningful stake in the business. Everyone who joins us and contributes to Curve’s success is rewarded with equity.
How we aim to look after you
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- If you work late, we make sure you have supper and a taxi home
- Team Lunch Fridays
- Infinite stream of fruit & snacks and great coffee
- Generous holiday allowance
Getting in touch:
Start a conversation by sending us as much information as possible about you, your achievements and ambitions and why Curve is of interest to you.
How we’ll get to know you and you us:
We’ve devised a 4 step ‘get to know each other’ process, this will include a challenge or workshop session and a team lunch.
Email our Talent Lead Anney at email@example.com
We are not in a position to offer sponsorship currently.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake DBS checks in accordance with regulation.