Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life.
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Welcome to Curve. On a mission to help you live inspired.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Test Engineer to join us and actively contribute to the overall success of the company. This is the perfect opportunity to step up to the plate, take ownership of this key role and showcase your capabilities. Your primary objective will be to test an exceptional, secure, mobile app and Golang microservices.
At Curve the QA/ Test team is a core part of Engineering. We are very small but we are involved in the design and delivery of every feature developed. This is a role that is based in London although we do allow people to work from home on occasion.
What will your day involve
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts
- Execute and evaluate automated test cases and report test results
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members - DevOps, Marketing, Product & Design
- Have experience with iOS & Android functional and UI testing tools
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes. Escalate any potential quality issues to management in a timely manner
- Robots are the future and so are we! We love automation here and we hope to automate as many regression tests as possible, therefore we expect you to either have willingness to learn how to automate tests (support in your development will be provided, you won’t be on your own).
- You have 2+ years experience as a QA/Test Engineer on innovative applications
- A good level of proficiency with one or more programming/scripting languages
- Experience with automation frameworks like Selenium, Appium, Capybara or Espresso
- Experience working with test automation throughout the Software Development Life Cycle
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools
- You are experienced with a modern programming language (Java/Python/Go/Node.JS/C++), although our microservices are written in Golang
- You are experienced with Cloud Native solutions deployed to AWS
- Knowledge of the rules of databases and distributed systems
- Computer Science degree
- Knowledge of Android, iOS and mobile build pipelines
- Familiarity with Charles proxy (Invaluable when it comes to testing mobile apps, Fiddler is a good alternative on Windows)
- Familiarity with IntelliJ IDEA (or equivalent IDE)
- Familiarity with Android Studio (for Android apps)
- Familiarity with XCode (for iOS apps)
- Familiarity with Gingko, GoMega & Gock for Functional and integration testing of Golang microservices
- Familiarity with Gingko, GoMega & Agouti for E2E testing of Golang microservices
- Familiarity with K6 (we use this framework) or Gatling for performance testing
Core competencies/ person profile:
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic team player
- Not scared by complexity and with a healthy “Can-do” attitude
- We believe everyone has ideas to contribute to our objective of continuous improvement, so you will be expected to take ownership and bring ideas to the table, and also inspire others in the team to do the same
- An unwavering ability to embrace a positive culture of blameless post-mortems, admit mistakes and continuous improvement
- Motivated to set high standards
- Able to execute your role swiftly and safely in rapidly changing environments
- Revel in fast paced startup environments
- Willingness to learn
- Clear communicator (written and verbal)
- Pragmatically solve technical problems
- Ability to translate technical requirements into comprehensible test plans
- Working experience with issue/bug tracking tools, ideally JIRA
- Be focused on deadlines and deliverables
- Have an inquisitive mind - You are always asking how does it work? Why? What if this happens?
- Abstract thinker – an ability to not conform to the norm. Norms do not find bugs quickly!
- Build a strong quality mindset around the team. It’s going to be Quality First!
Benefits & Perks
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Access to Perkbox discounts
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performing team of circa 70+ people rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a shiny new office in Holborn.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!