Senior Data Engineer
Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life.
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Welcome to Curve. On a mission to help you live inspired.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer, who will be part of the core analytics team. Our mission is to build a robust platform to collect data from multiple part of the system and enable its activation for business and product usage. We believe in data being at the core of the business. We hate latency and approximation.
Our timeline is full of exciting projects and ideas we want to implement. This role is a great opportunity for an senior engineer who love data, mathematics, software architecture, system architecture, programming and want to have an impact and build systems from scratch. You will mainly be working with AWS (Redshift, S3, EC2, Kinesis, Data Pipeline), Chartio & Tableau for analytics and visualisation, Python, dbt and Snowplow.
We will expect you to have input and to work on any subject related with analytics. This includes solution choice and design for real-time and batch data processing, mobile tracking, website tracking, back-end tracking, database administration, data modelling, reporting, A/B testing and much more.
What will your day involve
- Managing and administering our Data Warehouse (Redshift) to guarantee continuous and high availability of the data
- Designing and building pipelines to collect data from various data sources (RDS databases, back-end applications, front-end applications, facebook ads, google adwords…)
- Data modeling in Redshift to ensure data integrity and query efficiency
- Working with Back-end, Front-end, Devops & QA engineers to ensure that the analytics is well-integrated to the development process and that we collect the right data
- Mentor junior data engineers by providing feedback, leading critiques, and elevating the output of the team
- Working with data analysts to understand their data needs and translating them into clear requirements
- Helping us implementing a data-driven mindset in the company
- Managing our visualisation tools and ensuring they integrate gracefully with our data storage solution
- Occasionally building dashboards to expose data to the business users
Who Should You Be
- You have at least 6+ years’ experience with data warehouse and pipeline design
- You have a proof track experience with a modern programming language (Java/Python/Scala/Go/C#)
- You are experienced with NoSQL databases like ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- You have experience of visualisation and analysis tools like Chartio and Tableau
- You are experienced with continuous deployment and integration tools like Jenkins, CircleCI & Quay
- You have got previous experience with Android, iOS and mobile applications pipelines
- You are flexible to adapt quickly to changing priorities within a very dynamic environment, work well under pressure and set the pace on delivery as a design leader
- We believe everyone has ideas to contribute to our objective of continuous improvement, so you will be expected to take ownership and bring ideas to the table, and also inspire others in the team to do the same
- You are determined to achieve top quality results in all projects you are working on
- Confidence in taking on challenging conversations and situations collaborate with each area of the company in order to get to the best product for our users
- Passion for the craft and love of technology and a self-starter
Perks & Benefits
- An attractive compensation package including options so everyone can share in Curve’s success
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget
- Ability to buy any book for the company library and the cost be covered
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late
- Work from home
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’
More about us
We are a high-performing team of circa 65+ people rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!