Curve was founded with a rebellious spirit, and a lofty vision; to truly simplify your finances, so you can focus on what matters most in life.
That’s why Curve puts your finances simply at your fingertips, so you can make smart choices on how to spend, send, see and save your money. We help you control your financial life, so you can go out and live the life you want to live.
With Curve you can spend from all your accounts, track spend behaviour and provide insights, and security to protect you from fraud. For the first time giving you bright insights and control of all your money in one beautiful place.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. Our user base is growing rapidly and we have exceptional metrics. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment, and a visionary leadership team who wants everyone who joins this remarkable adventure, to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
Welcome to Curve. On a mission to help you live inspired.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for an astute Agile Delivery Manager (Scrum Master) to join us and actively contribute to the overall success of the company. This is the perfect opportunity to step up to the plate, take ownership of this key role and showcase your capabilities. Your primary objective will be to own and continuously tune the delivery approach at Curve to ensure our teams can deliver innovative features at pace. Building resilient software that processes the millions of transactions globally on our new Golang microservice architecture whilst also maintaining our existing PHP monolith, as well as adding all the new features the business requires, is a substantial delivery challenge but an exciting one.
At Curve the Agile Delivery Manager team is a core part of Engineering. We are very small but we are key to the effective and efficient delivery of our software.
What your day will involve
- Facilitating the team and organisation on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to deliver features that will delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most of out self-organisation by ensuring a focus on transparency and shared ownership and commitment.
- Assessing the delivery maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation
- Removing impediments or facilitating the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Building and maintaining a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
- Facilitating discussion, retrospection, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
Who You Should be
- Experience in playing the Scrum Master role for at least 3 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban etc
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team and the payments business domain
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- A genuine interest in working in a fast paced startup and ideally Fintech
- Voracious appetite for learning
Perks & Benefits
- An attractive compensation package including options so everyone can share in Curve’s success.
- Monthly health & wellbeing budget for gym, etc.
- Learning & Development annual budget.
- Ability to buy any book for the company library and the cost be covered.
- Supper & Taxis home should you work late.
- Work from home.
- Ride to Work Scheme.
- Season Ticket Loan.
- ‘Lunch Fridays’ and ‘Friday Drinks’.
More about us
We are a high-performance team of circa 70+ rallied around a higher purpose; we work closely together to turn dreams and ideas into actions and product innovation. With a flat hierarchy and an ability to make decisions quickly, we’re based in a great office in Shoreditch, close to Old Street – the heart of the vibrant tech centre of London.
We are an equal opportunities employer. At Curve, we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!